# Onboarding checklist
⚠️ Copy and paste this in a private Notion page
# Day 1
- Set up your computer. We advise you set up your 1password account first so you can save every new account you are going to make in your password manager!
- Take a look at your calendar, be aware of your upcoming meetings
- Welcome meeting with your manager
- Say hi to everyone on Slack 👋
- In your Slack profile, please include your location, time zone, job role, and your Github username (for example: "Your first name (your Github username)". Check with your manager your team’s expectations regarding notifications
- HR onboarding meeting: HR tools, equipment, holiday & expense process
- Add the "Meili Holidays" calendar to your calendar 👉 click on this link
- Add the “Meili Team” calendar to your calendar if you work on Meilisearch (this calendar has the release dates) 👉 click on this link
- Define your equipment needs
- Read the team's internal profile pages on Notion
- Create your own internal profile page
- Start learning more about the general tools we use at Meilisearch (Notion, Slack community and Slack Meili, GitHub, Figma), and those specific to your team, with the support of your manager. Check with your manager how you can define notifications
- Take a look at our Glossary
# Weeks 1-3
- Founder onboarding meeting: company history, big upcoming projects, strategy
- Watch the conf-search-engine video. Once watched, set up a meeting with Kero if necessary for any additional questions or explanations
- Read Vision & Values
- Read How to behave with the contributors on GitHub. You don’t have to if you will not interact with the community, but we think it’s interesting regardless of your job as the contributors are absolutely essential.
- Star Meilisearch and the Meili projects on GitHub
- Join #random-coffee on Slack if you want to meet your colleagues company-wide! You’ll be randomly paired to a person each week for a 15-30 minutes discussion slot (whenever you can/want).
- Set up your work hours on Google Calendar
- Update your LinkedIn profile and tell the world 🌎 you're part of Meilisearch
- Create your public profile page on Notion
- Make your first contribution to Meili (you will define this with your manager)
- At the end of Week 2, fill out the first onboarding survey. This is paired with your meeting with Laurène and you can fill out the survey before then (in which case you'll discuss your answers with her) or during the meeting (she will ask you the questions live). You can also have a look at the questions (fill a letter for each question to see the next one and don't submit the survey at the end).
For tech jobs:
- Try to run Meilisearch in local. See Documentation
- Set the environment variable
trueto your .bashrc file to avoid sending analytics when you are developing using local Meilisearch instances
- Participate in our sponsorship program
- Read some of our blog posts
# Week 4-6
- At the end of Week 4, fill out the second (and last) onboarding survey. This is paired with your meeting with Laurène and you can fill out the survey before then (in which case you'll discuss your answers with her) or during the meeting (she will ask you the questions live). You can also have a look at the questions (fill a letter for each question to see the next one and don't submit the survey at the end).
- Meet with Morgane N to discuss the career framework, recruitment process & company values. There should already be an invitation in your calendar.